JER HR Group offers compensation consulting services customized to our clients' needs. We bring to each assignment a team of experienced HR professionals who specialize in compensation and who can provide customized solutions to your company such as:
- Design and develop compensation plans and pay structures based on metrics that are reliable, understandable, and readily communicated.
- Restructure forms of compensation so that there is a market-competitive base salary coupled with a performance-driven incentive plan.
- Review of available salary survey data and recommend both base pay and incentive opportunity rates.
- Conduct confidential third-party surveys of competitors within your company's industry and geographic area.
- Develop formal incentive plan documents that reflect a "balanced scorecard approach.”
- Create and/or update job descriptions that are compliant with ADA and other regulations.
- Evaluate positions for compliance with FLSA overtime requirements.
- Articulate and document your organization's compensation philosophy and policies.
Our Compensation Consulting Services includes:
- Compensation Philosophy Strategy
- Staff Compensation Services
- Executive Compensation Services
- Incentive Compensation Services
Our services assist clients in establishing total compensation approaches that are competitive, but also assure that their program complies with regulatory requirements. In each of the sections that follow, we describe more specific consulting services available to clients.
TOTAL REWARDS STRATEGY
- Facilitate discussion and provide guidance in developing an organization’s total compensation strategy
- Market price executive and staff compensation levels
- Create innovative staff and management incentive plans
- Set and articulate compensation philosophy
- Analyze benefits and perquisites in relation to an organization’s total compensation strategy
SALARY ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
- Interview the incumbent and develop the job description
- Compare the job against JER HR Group database and market data
- Develop base compensation and compensation range
- Develop organizational annual salary review process
- Facilitate discussion with the Board of Directors or Compensation Committee to establish a compensation strategy for key executives
- Identify skills and unique qualifications to determine compensation strategy for executives
- Conduct market analysis of the value of an executive’s total compensation package, including base salary, total cash compensation, benefits and perquisites
- NY State Executive Order 38 reviews
- Prepare job descriptions that support successful performance
- Conduct job analyses to assess job content and determine appropriate titles across an organization
- Design and implement job evaluation systems in an organization
- Conduct market pricing analyses of selected benchmark jobs
- Design salary structures (salary grades/bands and ranges) that reflect the competitive market
- Develop salary administration procedures including guidelines
- Develop staff communications plan to facilitate staff and/or supervisory orientation
- Conduct industry-specific or position-specific custom surveys
- Facilitate discussion around the feasibility of implementing incentive pay plans
- Design short- and long-term incentive plans to motivate and reward eligible staff
- Develop executive incentive plans to those with the highest level of accountability for organizational success
- Create spot award programs (one-time lump sum payments) and non-cash recognition awards
- Design total compensation philosophy that includes base, variable, retirement and deferred compensation programs
- Supplemental retirement income plan like 457(F)
- Work with retirement service providers on behalf of clients to implement deferred compensation plan
- Work with HR team to design communication plan and rollout documents
SALES COMPENSATION PROGRAM
- Help create a strategic sales compensation vision
- Align sales compensation plans with the organization goals
- Design and develop appropriate sales measure that is attractive to salesperson and to the organization
- Create a sales compensation program that recognizes top performing staff
Industries We Have Served