FMLA Support Services
JER HR Group HR Support Professionals can serve as your Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) administrator. Our services are designed to help businesses meet FMLA compliance standards, as well as navigate all resulting paperwork on behalf of our clients. JER HR Group offers telephone and email support for consultation on Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) administration. We will review your current FMLA policy, procedures, forms and systems and will recommend modifications if indicated. We can write and/or update policy documents as necessary.
Our process is as follows:
- We will set up an FMLA infrastructure, working with your on-site coordinator / administrator to ensure that appropriate records are submitted in a timely manner.
- Review FMLA Leave process and will advise the administrator on their findings. Example of items in the review/advisement might include:
- Determine eligibility of FMLA applicants (e.g. meets 12 month/1250 hour requirement).
- Send out approvals / disapprovals and other employee communications with copies to employer FMLA coordinator
- Coordinate recertification / reinstatement / extensions and notify FMLA applicants.
- Our consultant will administer the following:
- Oversee the Coordination of FMLA leaves with workers’ compensation, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its amendment, and Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA).
- Coordinate with client policies (medical leave, vacation, sick leaves, etc) to ensure that FMLA is taken concurrently with other paid and unpaid leaves / vacations
- Send appropriate forms / notices / documents / and other communications to employee on behalf of employer
- Work with client to develop and maintain records of FMLA leave taken
- Coordinate and respond to employee questions about FMLA.
- Represent employer at initial fact-finding meeting & respond to Wage & Hour division as appropriate.
- Answer or assist with any compliance questions related to FMLA including worker’s compensation, ADA, termination issues, (Note: should consultant not be available when a call to office is made, consultation will be provided by consultant on duty).
- JER HR Group can also train your managers and supervisors on recognizing the need for referring employees who may be eligible for FMLA leave.