An Employee Handbook of policies, procedures and benefits exists to ensure compliance with all your organization’s legal requirements and to communicate to employees a culture of consistency, fairness and commitment by management. We can review your existing handbook for compliance and identify any area requiring revision. If you don’t have a handbook, we can work with you to develop and build one that reflects the mission and goals of your organization.
What will an employee handbook do for your organization?
- Acquaint employees with the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Share with employees what is expected of them, and…
- Share with employees what they can expect from management and leadership.
- Showcase any benefits that you offer employees.
- Communicate key company policies clearly and consistently.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state laws.
- Help protect the company against employee claims.
- Inform employees as to where they can go for help.
Typically, our project steps are as follows:
- A representative of JER HR Group will confer with you to review sections and policies to be included in the handbook.
- The handbook will be customized in accordance with the business philosophy and values of your organization.
- JER HR Group will deliver to you a draft of the handbook within ten business days of the first conference.
- Within ten (10) business days of delivery of the draft handbook, the Client will review the draft and make any changes, deletions, additions or format changes.
- JER HR Group will make all the modifications noted by you and deliver a second draft within five (5) business days of receipt of the changes from the initial draft.
- Within five (5) business days of being in receipt of the second draft, you will have the opportunity to make a final review of the contents of the handbook. Minor alterations to the content of the handbook, such as changes in wording and the like, may be requested at this time.
- JER HR Group will make all of the requested minor alterations and deliver the final product within five (5) business days of receipt of the changes from the second draft. The final product will consist of two (2) hard copies of the handbook content and one (1) electronic copy.
Benefits of the Services
- The policies, practices and culture of the client will be communicated to its employees in a professional and easy to read document.
- Since all employees will be required to sign an acknowledgement that they received the handbook, it will serve as your first line of defense in the event of an employee complaint of discrimination or harassment.
- You will have a document that defines the fair and consistent treatment of all employees as well as a means of communicating what employees can expect as a member of the staff.